- This event has passed.
Jose del Cueto
DMG Solutions, Coral Gables, Fl: President- CEO 2001-present.
DMG is focused on data driven marketing solutions for its clients. Establishing a 1-to-1 relationship between advertisers and their customers is paradigm in communication, and DMG has positioned itself as a leader in the data driven digital marketing space. DMG has partnered with the largest third-party consumer database and data analytics company and works closely with the world’s top premium online publishers. Their database, which contains 250M+ American adults and over 1Billion devices worldwide, matches online, offline, and mobile data to create an audience of verified real people and all the devices deterministically associated with each individual. Their audience centric marketing approach, along with its proprietary technology platform, allows DMG to empower its marketing partners with limitless capacity to generate measurable and accountable results. Blue Chip clients are:
• NBCU, America Mobil/Claro, DirecTV group, Bridge Marketing, amongst others.
Guest Lecturer and Media Lab Operator: Speaker 8/2016 to 2019.
During the last 3 years in Gainesville and Winter Park Florida Jose taught Big Data Digital Strategy labs and guest lectured to students at these institutions and developed an on-going mentoring internship program for Communication students from these local universities dedicated to developing cause-related marketing materials for local non-profits.
• University of Florida
• Santa Fe College
• Full Sail University
Community Service: Board member 8/2016 to present
Jose is very actively involved in serving in community initiatives. He has served and is currently on the Board of Directors for:
• Habitat for Humanity Alachua County
• Partnership for Strong families, the foster care operator in Northern Central Florida
• Embrace Families, the foster care operator in Central Florida
• Pathways to Home, the homeless family’s assistance agency in Central Florida
• Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando, formerly humane society of Orlando
• Citrus Health, the operator of mental health services for the homeless and the operator of foster care in South Florida.
TransAmerica Media Group: President-CEO September 1994-2001.
TransAmerica serviced multinational advertisers who wished to reach the Spanish speaking populations across the region. The first and largest independent full-service media management firm servicing Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic market.
• The firm established full-service operations in Miami, San Juan, and Mexico City.
• Services include media planning, media buying, sponsorships, event development, internet campaign development, programming management.
• Developed proprietary tools that consolidate and report on financial expenditures, all accessible on the Web with full security.
• In 1998/99 the company launched two separate web initiatives: Red Click, a full-service interactive media services agency and emc3 media, the first Hispanic media ad exchange currently in operation in Mexico.
• Consolidated billing for the group were more than $50 Million in 2000 and considered for three years in a row one of Florida’s fastest growing companies.
• International clients such as: Bell South, Heineken, Siemens, American Honda, Alberto Culver, Exxon Mobil, amongst others.
TELEMUNDO GROUP, INC.:
EVP – International Division June 1993 – May 1994.
Directed all international projects, including:
• Distribution of Telemundo programming worldwide.
• Management of barter syndication ad sales business in Latin America.
• Development of strategic alliances and station affiliation throughout Latin America and Europe.
• Selection, negotiation and acquisition of programming for international distribution.
• Development of international direct response merchandising projects.
• Marketing of a 24-hour International News Network (starting 6/94) to be distributed by cable and Television. This represents the largest news gathering organization in the world with over 200 bureaus and reporters worldwide.
• Developed the department from 4 to 25 staff members (1/94) and from $1 million in revenues to $10+ million projected annual revenues.
Senior Vice President – National Sales June 1992- June 1993.
In charge of all national sales for the Telemundo Network.
• Managed a department of 90 employees in 7 sales offices throughout the U.S. with an operational budget of $6 million and realized $125+ MM in sales. Increased Telemundo’s share of the U.S. advertising market by 50%, resulting in $30+ million additional billings in one year.
• Created and developed a Merchandising Division as a separate profit center focusing on generating revenues from unsold national time, tapping opportunities in direct response, per inquiry product sales and off-hour shopping shows. Achieved over $3 million net cash flow contribution in the first year of operation.
UNIVISION NETWORK, INC., MIAMI, FL.
VP – Domestic Productions January 1990 – June 1992.
Oversaw marketing and sales of domestic programming covering a network of 500+ affiliates in the U.S. (25 MM viewers) and distributor stations in 18 Latin American countries (100+ MM viewers).
• Developed revenues of $75 MM and managed a department budget of $1.6 MM.
• Created a department that developed, implemented sponsored promotions, and managed programs with $10 MM in revenues and $5 million in expenditures.
• Developed and directed international ad sales business and sold programming in Latin America.
• Pioneered “Pan Regional” broadcast time sales to Latin America.
Sales & Marketing Manager – “Sabado Gigante” January 1987- January 1990.
“Sabado Gigante”, a concept acquired by the company and developed into a 3-hour TV show.
• Planned marketing strategy, research markets, implemented sales through national network managed commercial, promotional/merchandising aspects of the program.
• Managed research on test-marketing of program and evaluated viewer attitudes.
• Within 3 years converted a local program into a $40 million a year business with distribution throughout the Caribbean, Central and South America, representing over 35% of Univision’s total net cash flow contribution.
WLTV CHANNEL 23 – UVN NTL Sales & Merchandising MGR July 1985 – January 1987.
In charge of national marketing and sales for Spanish language television in the U.S. expanded services to advertisers from commercial time to full-fledged field marketing and merchandising.
Project initiated similar merchandising programs in the top 10 Hispanic markets today.
• Managed motivation of the national sales force (50+ sales executives) through development of marketing materials, conference calls, frequent visits and sales
BC PROMOTIONS, INC. San Juan, PR President/Partner June 1980- June 1985.
Created and established Puerto Rico’s first full-service promotions company offering a range of field marketing services to national advertisers. Assembled and developed a complete marketing staff & subcontractors for production of commercials and management/implementation of promotional activities.
• Made presentations to manufacturers, negotiated and concluded arrangements with numerous clients including: General Foods, Nestle Libby’s, Reynolds Tobacco Co., Seagram’s and Procter & Gamble.
• Developed and organized promotional campaigns and introduced new products to Puerto Rico (example: Tang Port-A-Pak), implemented sampling programs and sold products through small vendor/distributor infrastructure.
• Organized and managed international promotional events such as water-skiing exhibitions, sporting events, auto & boat races. Also conducted sweepstakes, contests and field marketing ideas.
• Managed finances for campaigns & events with budgets ranging to $5 million and up to 50 staff & workers.
AUTHOR September 2016 to Present
Jose is currently working on the promotion of his first book, Broken Like Everybody Else, a memoir of trauma and redemption, that deals with trauma induced learning disabilities and how he has been able to overcome these and lead an exceptionally productive life despite these.
Santa Fe Community College 1976 – 1978
University of Florida 1978 – 1980